Workshop 7: Tenth International Workshop on Multimedia Data Mining (MDMKDD 2010)
9:00 - 12:00pm on Sunday, July 25 2010 in Arlington
The MDMKDD workshop brings together experts in the analysis of digital media content, multimedia databases, knowledge engineers and domain experts from different applied disciplines with potential in multimedia data mining. The workshop will facilitate the cross-disciplinary exchange of ideas. The major topics of the workshop are listed here.
- Data mining of media rich platforms (on-line communities, blogs, social networks, virtual communities, virtual worlds)
- Data mining of large datasets of user generated content (e.g., YouTube, Flickr, etc.)
- Integrated mining of different data formats (text, speech, video, images, relational data)
- Merging and integration of mining results from different sources
- Mining of data streams combined with structured data
- Representation and reuse of discovered multimedia knowledge.
- Mining scientific multimedia data.
- Man-machine interfaces for multimedia data mining.
- Multimodal techniques for interactive multimedia data mining and exploration.
- Complexity, efficiency and scalability of multimedia data mining algorithms.
- Real-time multimedia data mining systems.
- Knowledge representation and integration for multimedia data mining
- Multimedia data mining techniques for specific domains and applications (e.g., biomedicine, education, entertainment, security, animation, art, etc.)
- Theoretical frameworks for multimedia data mining.
- Multimedia data-specific sampling and preprocessing.
- Topic and event discovery in large multimedia repositories